The Great Turning is a name for the essential adventure of our time: the shift from the industrial growth society to a life-sustaining civilization. Although we cannot know yet if it will take hold in time for humans and other complex life forms to survive, we can know that it is under way. To see this as the larger context of our lives clears our vision and summons our courage.
Humanity is at a threshold and our Earth is in great distress. I have struggled with this awakening for many years now, wondering how to create a meaningful life in these times of transition into an unknown and uncertain future. Some people are calling this transition “The Great Turning” and it requires a great deal from us. It calls us to be weavers of healing and initiation, “conscious evolution” and spiritual emergence. It asks us to embody a great measure of wisdom, courage, vision, and creativity to bring forth the magnitude of transformation necessary to create the best possible future for all beings.
Being Change is about creating a sanctuary – a sangha, a circle, a council – where we can explore what we must re-awaken, resurrect and re-embody in order to
– witness to the unfolding world around us with eyes and hearts wide open; to unflinchingly accept the possibilities of the most dire planetary outcomes; and to ask ourselves how, then, shall I live?
– be Edgewalkers: hospice workers to what is dying and midwives to what is wanting to be born.
– accept the Hero’s Journey of initiation into the unknown and the unfathomable with the conviction that anything is possible.
– nurture our personal healing, discern our unique and sacred “genius”, and offer these as our most vital gifts to the world.
– offer each other tools, resources, sanctuary, sustenance, a tribe, an outlet, a voice along the way.
PLEASE JOIN US